The Reason Miano Dropped Jozi Entertainment. ‘Labantwana AmaUber’ lead vocalist Sicelo Sikhosana famously known as Miano has since parted ways with his management company, Jozi Entertainment. Miano decided to walk away from the management company and fellow vocalists Semi Tee and Kammu Dee to work on his solo career.
Miano claims being exploited and sidelined by management is the reason he dumped Semi Tee and Kammu Dee. Miano said that their managers Thato Molemane, director of Levels Entertainment, and AbutiPR owner Lebo Mlangeni forced him to leave.
Miano also claimed to be the main vocalist for all their songs, including the famous ‘Labantwana Ama Uber’. According to Miano, he came up with the smash hit and contacted Kammu Dee, who then suggested that they go to producer Semi Tee to add a beat. Semi Tee then introduced them to Molemane and Mlangeni when the song started to gain traction. He said the song was registered as Semi Tee featuring Miano and Kammu Dee, suggesting that Semi Tee took all the credit.
“I don’t have a problem with the boys, but I have a problem with management. I never signed anything with this management even though we were working together from the onset. It was when the contract came later in our working relationship that I had huge a problem,” Miano said.
According to Miano, management proposed that they take “60% on all bookings and royalties and we had to split the remaining 40%”. “The percentage is true but that wasn’t the reason he left. He made his decision by leaving and doing his own thing,” Molemane said.
Miano then started his own record label and demanded that his vocals be removed from ‘Siyatrenda’ after they excluded him from the music video. He somehow felt sidelined, especially because they were never an official group.